Dayton South Veterinary Clinic provides a wide range of services designed to keep your pet healthy and happy for many years to come. On top of our quality veterinary services, we also have boarding available for small animals and exotic pets. No matter what your needs, we're always here to help with high quality, caring veterinary services that will always leave your pet feeling healthy and strong.
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such a snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Services Offered (For ALL Patient Species)
- Wellness, senior, & sick office visits
- Boarding facilities
- Medicine & surgery (elective & emergency procedures) with fully equipped surgical suite
- Intensive care facilities for critical & sick patients (including isolation ward)
- In-house laboratory (bloodwork, fecal testing, urinalysis, skin scrapings, etc.)
- In-house radiology
- Reference laboratory testing for companion & exotic patients
- Dental care for canine, feline, & exotic patients
- Preventative medicine (heartworm, flea & tick medications)
- Behavioral & nutritional consultations
- Blood pressure & EKG monitoring
- Specialty exotic animal diets
- Prescription diets for canine & feline patients
- Professional advice on companion, avian, & exotic pet care
- Minor grooming services (bathing, nail trims, beak trims, wing trims, teeth trims, anal gland expression, lion cuts for cats)
Our clinic offers a full in-house pharmacy for all your pets needs.We are an authorized seller of the pharmacy products that we dispense, which means that the manufacturers of these drugs will stand behind their products if there are any problems. We obtain our products either directly from the manufacturers or from their authorized distrubutors, usually by overnight shipment, so the quality of these medications is assured.
"Internet pharmacies," "800 number pharmacies," and similar businesses are not authorized resellers of the pharmaceuticals they dispense. These businesses obtain product by purchasing it from unauthorized sources. Many times the products they are selling are not manufactured in the USA, counterfeit, expired, or damaged medications. Pharmaceutical manufacturers will not guarantee their products if they are not purchased from an authorized seller (i.e. your veterinary clinic), so if any problems develop, the pet owner is "on their own." We highly discourage owners from obtaining medications from online sources due to the dangers they pose to their dogs and cats.
We appreciate your letting us be a part of your pet's health care team.
Types of Pets Seen
At Dayton South Veterinary Clinic, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets
- Reptiles & Amphibians
- Pot bellied pigs
Dayton South Veterinary Clinic accepts payment via cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or Care Credit. We DO NOT accept checks for payment. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment must be made in full at the time services are rendered.
We can provide estimates for surgeries, hospitalizations, and treatment plans. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
We offer boarding services for our canine, feline, avian, & exotic patients. Separate lodging areas are designated for each species. A stool sample is checked upon check in on all our boarders to be sure they are parasite & bacteria free (any abnormalities are treated at owner's expense). Any external parasites (fleas, ticks, etc.) are also treated (at the owner's expense) if detected during boarding. Medications can be given during the boarding stay, if needed. Additional services, such as bathing, nail trims, anal gland expression, beak trims, or wing trims can be done at time of boarding, if desired. Please give our office a call, to make reservations for boarding.
Drop off & pick up hours for boarding (no exceptions):
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 11am or 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday 8:30am - 11:30am
- Canine boarders must be current/up to date on vaccinations (including DHLPPC, Rabies, Bordetella, & Canine Influenza - H3N8/H3N2) to stay in our facilities.
- Feline boarders must be current/up to date on vaccinations (RCPN, Rabies, & FeLV) to stay in our cat condos.
- Avian patients must have a current chlamydia test
- All species will have stool testing done at time of boarding drop off. Any parasites or abnormalities are treated as necessary.
- All boarders must be free of ectoparasites (fleas/ticks/lice) at time of boarding in take. If not, treatment will be prescribed as necessary.
- We provide dry food for our canine & feline boarders
- Food from home can be brought along to be feed according to owner's directions
- Avian & exotics patients MUST provide/bring their own food (we do not supply this in house)
- Canine boarders stay in our kennel runs, with heated floors; all boarders are walked a minimum of 3 times per day
- Feline boarders stay in our cat condos (visible from the lobby) with a view of our aviary
- We do have cages for our avian & exotic boarders; however, if your critter has a specialized environment, it is recommended to bring it along for boarding (including any heating/lighting units, filters, bowls, litter pans, bedding, etc.)